Nine hotels in Seville which I can share my personal recommendations for. I have stayed at all of them over the past few years. From Boutique hotels, to Airbnb apartments or budget stays.
This isnt just a list of pretty hotels in Seville but a personal blogpost of the places I have stayed and my thoughts on them so you have a real idea before booking them.
Starting with Boutique hotels, I include apartment stays, the best locations if you are travelling through Seville airport and budget options at the end of the article. If I travel to Seville in future I will add new hotels to this of course.
Boutique Hotels in Seville
Hotel Boutique Palacio Pinello
Palacio Pinello is very centrally located, close to the Cathedral and lots of restaurants and bars. However this Andalusian style palatial building is an oasis of tranquility despite its central location. As you walk into the hotel lobby you notice the scent of orange blossom (typical fragrance throughout the city in Springtime in Sevilla) and the calming atmosphere inside.
With just 23 rooms and a beautiful central marble courtyard where breakfast is served, its a real gem. The rooftop terrace has views to the Cathedral and of Seville´s skyline. The room I stayed in had a intricate wooden coffered ceiling in the mudejar style. I barely noticed any noise from outside and had a wonderful stay.
- Location: In the Historic City Centre – Santa Cruz
- Advantages: Excellent location for shops and services. Access to main door by taxi, minibus etc. Rooftop views and historic setting.
- Disadvantages: No swimming pool.
- Best for: Couples and guests looking for a tranquil setting.
- Check availabilty Hotel Palacio Pinello on Trip Advisor
- Check on Booking Palacio Pinello
Hotel Casa 1800 Sevilla
At Hotel 1800 I have stayed two or three times. Again located in the Santa Cruz quarter, very close to the Cathedral. This hotel is set in an historic building (b. 1864) with a central courtyard, this charming property is an ideal stay. The best thing if you are staying for 2 nights or more is the snack area which is open in the afternoon. Having chance to have a cold drink and snack in the courtyard after a lot of walking around is so handy. They have a rooftop plunge pool which is ideal for hotter months and this terrace area has fabulous views to Seville Cathedral.
Hotel 1800 also has a property in Granada, which is how I came to know about their hotel in Seville. Hotel 1800 is located on Calle Rodrigo Caro which cuts through to the Alcazar. However if you choose to walk along the main street out front, Calle Mateos Gago, you can see the tower of Seville Cathedral straight away. This busy street is lined with restaurants and bars. In fact directly outside the hotel is a very popular local bar called Las Columnas or Bodega Santa Cruz. Its so typically Sevillian, great to see all the hustle and bustle. It is one of those places that seems to have been there forever.
- Location: In the Historic City Centre – Santa Cruz
- Advantages: Excellent location for shops and services. Access to main door by taxi. Rooftop pool and stunning views and historic setting. Snack station.
- Disadvantages: Can Sell Out
- Best for: Couples and guests who appreciate boutique hotels.
- Check availabilty Hotel 1800 on Trip Advisor
- Check on Booking Hotel 1800
Legado Alcazar Hotel
The Legado Alcazar is practically on the same street as the Alcazar itself. Just 280 metres away, it is tucked into a little side street. This is a peaceful place to stay as there are only 18 rooms. With modern rooms there are historical details dotted throughout the building. It is smart and cosy boutique stay. If you are staying for several days you may like to pick one of the rooms with terrace space.
- Location: In the Historic City Centre. Beside the Alcazar.
- Advantages: Excellent location for shops and services. Quiet property. Delicious Breakfast ingredients.
- Disadvantages: No swimming pool. Tucked in a side alley.
- Best for: Mid Range option. Those looking for a tranquil setting.
- Legado Alcazar on Trip Advisor
- Check availabilty on Booking for Legado Alcazar
Hotels in Seville – Best Rates
To see the best deals on Seville Hotels, you may find this useful, a Hotel Comparison site Hotel OK which you can browse by date, city or even hotel name. It may come up with a deal that suits your trip and save a bit of holiday money.
Busiest times in Seville are Friday/Saturday nights, Easter holidays, April, May-June and September-October.
For Granada and Cordoba I also have posts on Hotel Stays too
- Granada Hotels Spain; Best Accomodation for Alhambra Palace & Main Sights
- 3 days in Cordoba Spain; History + Patios City Break
Best Hotel for Seville Airport
If you are arriving late or leaving early from Seville airport, personally I think it is better to stay in Seville city itself. Seville airport is just a 25 minute taxi ride from the city centre. There is also a bus that takes you to the airport which is cheaper, although you need slightly long to get there. It leaves from the Bus Station at Plaza de Armas.
UMA Parada del Marques
When I travelled to Morocco and Castellon from Sevilla I got to Sevilla late at night. So I could get the connecting flight out early the next morning. This hotel Parada del Marques is ideal for that. It is opposite Seville Bus Station where there are Buses and Taxis at all hours to get you to the airport on time.
Close by is an Italian restaurant Alimentari that is handy to get take away (or dine in) that I frequent when I stay here.
- Location: A 13 minute walk (1km) to Seville Cathedral. 180 metres to Seville Bus Station.
- Advantages: Good location for shops and services. Well connected for Bus Station, to get to airport and taxis.
- Disadvantages: Better for overnight stays and business trips.
- Best for: Connecting and Onward travel.
- Check dates on Booking for Parada Marques
- Parada del Marques on Trip Advisor
Best Hotel for Business or Families
I have stayed here three times, all on business trips when I didnt spend time in the historic part of Seville. This hotel is part of Barcelo group. It is a corporate style business hotel, close to the site of the Expo 92 on the opposite side of the river.
As you would expect with such a large hotel, the breakfast selection is vast, they have plenty of staff onsite for your requests too.
- Location: In Cartuja on the other side of the river. Next to Isla Magica. (Waterpark)
- Advantages: Large spacious modern hotel. If you have a car it is easy to get here. Good to get taxi from here to airport as its on the main exit road. Amazing Varied Breakfast selection.
- Disadvantages: Location is 3km from historic centre. Better for overnight stays and short business trips.
- Best for: Connecting and Onward travel. Events or meetings. (or taking the kids to Isla Magica in Summer)
Apartments in Seville
If you like to have a small kitchen or a more homely feel, then these apartment style stays will work for you. These stays are good picks for longer stays in Seville when you may need more room to hang out and relax that a hotel room can offer.
My very first time in Seville I stayed at Giralda Suites although it was trading under a different name back then. From what I can see it hasn´t changed drastically. This is an apartment style stay, to find it you cross a small courtyard off a side street. This feels like a home from home as its neatly tucked away from the main street, even though it is so central.
- Location: Literally in the centre, next to Seville Cathedral.
- Advantages: Unbeatable location. Very central. Good price for this spot. Practical accommodation with kitchen facilities.
- Disadvantages: Better for young travellers who want to be in the bustling centre.
- Best for: Young couples as it is well located but not super expensive.
Escondite de Maria Apartment
This boutique apartment is close to Las Setas and is set in a historical style buidling. Each room has a different theme and comes with a small kitchen area and desk. It was good to stay here as I felt like a local in Seville as it is in the San Pedro neighbourhood, with plenty of local bars, shops and services. Also near to the magnificient Palacio de las Dueñas.
- Location: In a typical Seville Neighbourhood. Yet close enough to get to the historic centre quickly.
- Advantages: Very comfortable, a home from home.
- Disadvantages: Actually can´t think of any. Had a great stay here.
- Best for: Longer stays in Seville. (3 nights onwards)
Welldone Quality Crystal Pool
In 2023 I stayed at Welldone Quality which is located right at the heart of the shopping area. Online there are lots of photos of the ´see through´ swimming pool. However when you arrive it is smaller than it appears and somewhat of a novelty. I think this would be a good plunge pool for summer nights in Seville yet this feature shouldnt sway your decision when booking.
This is a modern hotel with practical rooms. The bathroom/shower area is a wet room, so its all into one. (meaning things in that space get wet when you shower) The facilities include a small kitchenette which is handy if you want to make snacks or meals there (better than a hotel room).
Breakfast was served in the room, although it was dissappointing. (mainly beige things) Made with supermarket supplies rather than in an onsite kitchen. Choose this option as its a hybrid between a hotel and airbnb and for the location.
- Location: In the Commercial centre of Seville, tucked in amongst shoe shops and retail stores.
- Advantages: Comfortable room size. Practical accommodation. Handy facilities in the room such as small kitchen space.
- Disadvantages: Breakfast was not very varied.
- Best for: Longer stays 2 nights or more.
- Welldone Quality Crystal Pool Check dates on Booking
- Check availabilty Welldone Crystal Pool on Trip Advisor
Budget Hotels in Seville
U Sense Centro
I have stayed a few times in budget accomodation in Seville. Originally the Hotel Alminar, this hotel is now called U Sense. This is totally surrounded by restaurants and bars.
- Location: Very central, alongside many restaurants, bars and services.
- Advantages: Location, tucked on a side street in the centre, sheltered from noise, good value. Very friendly staff.
- Disadvantages: Room size is a little on the small side.
- Best for: Budget concious travellers who want the best location/service at the smallest price.
The Cathedral Boutique is a very basic hotel stay. The location is opposite Seville Cathedral and is unbeatable. However this busy location, it is can be noisy. Basically this is one of the main streets in Sevilla and people are walking past all the time, there are also traffic sounds from trams and taxis too.
This option is good for those on a tight budget or for an overnight in Seville. I didnt enjoy my stay here as there was no reception desk or staff on site. As the door was on the main street it felt a little exposed.
- Location: Unbeatable.
- Advantages: Very low prices. Good for seeing Seville as next to Alcazar and Cathedral.
- Disadvantages: Street noise can be heard in rooms, no reception desk or staff on site.
- Best for: One night stays or those on a tight budget.